Monday 20 April 2015

Food Review: Malaysia Sticky Rice

Salam and Happy Monday to all of you!

Counting days to May and pretty excited about it since me and my sister have been planning a short trip with my family soon! Will blog about it later (^-^)

Okay now back to present day. Last Friday, I had an opportunity to taste the most delicious sticky rice that I ever taste in my whole life (even my mom, the best cook in my opinion approved it) 

The seller sell the sticky rice in front of the mosque nearby my house, where as a Muslim, every Friday, it is a must for Muslim man to perform Friday Prayer at mosque. So, there will be a lot of people coming to the mosque and some of the seller take this opportunity to expand their business.

So, me, my mom and my little brother decided to try this delicacy since she is the new vendor in the neighborhood.


Mango Sticky Rice with Coconut Milk


Fried Chicken Sticky Rice with Thai Chili Sauce



The Menu

Mango Sticky Rice (Got 2 size)

Small - RM 3.00
Large - RM 6.00

Fried Chicken Sticky Rice - RM 5.00

Fried Quail Sticky Rice - RM 6.00


My mom and I decided to buy Fried Chicken Sticky Rice while my little brother decided to try Mango Sticky Rice. And then we swap each other sticky rice so that we can taste some of it.


The verdict: SUPERB! Awesome! Daebak! Jjang! Ooishi!!

No words to describe how good the taste of this sticky rice. The booth is really clean, and the seller ahjumma (aunty) is really friendly. Even I love how clean and nice the packaging of their product.

Definitely going to buy again next week and maybe I will try the quail next time? (diet? what diet? kekeke...)


(Clean and clear packaging of Mango Sticky Rice)

So, this is my rating looks like (out of 5) :

1) Presentation


2) Effort of The Seller


3) Taste


4) Cleanliness

 5) Work of Art


6) Kawaiiness (Well nothing kawaii here but still I applaud how clean this booth :D)



So, if you have any chance to come and visit Sungai Petani, Kedah, do come and taste this mouth watering cuisine. 2 thumbs up! Totally recommended (^-^)

Or simply give a call to this number +6019 - 4186346 for advance booking. 

Note: If I am not mistaken, the seller do sell the sticky rice in front of Cosmopoint, Taman Pekan Baru, Sungai Petani, Kedah everyday from 8.00 am until 7.00 pm. And she will sell at the front of Masjid Penghulu Him, Sungai Petani, Kedah every Friday from 1.00 pm until 3.00 pm and then she will continue selling at the front of Cosmopoint Sungai Petani until 7.00 pm. For more information, kindly contact the number stated up there.


Till next time!

xoxo, Hanna







2 comments:

  1. I want to try making mango sticky rice at home, I've never tried it and our rice cooker came with a recipe. It looks yummy ^_^

    { sparklesideup.com }

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there! Thank you for your comment and thank you for your time reading my blogs. Appreciate it so much (^-^) Yes, you should try to make it. And if you have problem with it, do consult with me. I am good making sticky rice (^-^)

      And I have visit your blog. U are amazing! I love ready your blog. Keep up the good work!! (^-^)

      Delete